Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Thursday Buzz

Life is bitter sweet. I keep bees as I love nature. And I love honey. Bees are so natural. But oh so vulnerable. I bought second hand gear which had supposedly been disease free, but I suspect they were not. So the Americans invaded by their millions. ? American Foul Brood. Nothing to do with moody Americans, but devastating to bees. Started with four hives, now down to one weak one. I hate to think how much each of my 16 jars of honey has cost, but the cost is way higher than the money value. I was heartbroken to burn bees and their hard work. Next year I will come back with new gear and with experience under my belt.


The Bed & Breakfast suite is working, so at least something is happening.
www.smiling-hills.net

No comments:

Post a Comment